Monday, September 22, 2008

Kyrie Eleison

Again, I must say, WTH is with people?

So a colleague today basically decided the world revolves around her, and asked me to change my schedule to suit her needs. Now, she does have some extremely legitimate concerns, don't get me wrong. However, as amazing as I might be, I do not have the power to single-handedly change a schedule that affects a good 1600+ other people.

She then, of course, in the time-honored tradition of the many who feel they are an incarnation of Ra (see: Bush, George W.), decided that her best course of action was to threaten to take her ball and go home.

In other words, this was not a productive conversation.

I promised her I'd look at my schedule and see if I could tweak things. I did. Spent a good hour and a half this evening - for which, I might add, I did not get paid as I am not an hourly employee - on the project. No insight struck.

So I have little other choice but to take this to a supervisor, dump the problem in her lap, and hope.

A little flexibility in this life works wonders. One would wish everyone was willing to be flexible. And realize that Copernicus had it all figured out a long time ago.

But I don't have a squirrel in my house like other people I can name. Could be worse. ;)

No comments: