Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy first day of summer!

It's been a good day. Very little happened, really, which makes for a very good day. ;) Went into work this morning but it was only for some planning time. So nice, to actually have the luxury to plan and prepare and revise and think - with colleagues and on "company time" to boot.

Decided to do some leisurely shopping afterwards as I was in the area. Just meandered around, no rush. Again, nice to be able to do stuff just to do it, with no time pressure or stress about what all has to get done. Got lunch and headed home to eat out on my patio and read a book. It's comfortable today - somewhere in the 70s with a little light rain here or there. Very nice.

Oh - a butterfly just flitted onto my window screen. Monarch, I think. Nice little thing. Had a bird up in one of my plants hanging outside yesterday - drove the cats bonkers.

Not a bad summer solstice...

No comments: