Saturday, June 02, 2007

It's a beautiful day.

I'm sitting here in front of the computer - obviously - but what I suppose is not so obvious is the fact that I deliberately set the desk up facing the window. There's a woman out in the courtyard, just sitting on the grass in the sun with her baby. She's throwing grass and leaves up for the little girl to watch.

There's a lot to be said for Saturdays.

No rain, although it was supposed to be rainy. I can't even see any clouds, at least from this vantage point. It's finally starting to look like summer is arriving here in the Midwest, and I can't wait. No real plans for the summer, although I intend to at least get out of the house. It will be interesting for me to be spending much of the summer in the same state in which I live, now that I've moved back to where I grew up.

What's this blog going to be about? Probably nothing but complete and utter randomness, that is, when I remember to post. Today I'm just happy. It's nice outside, I have a party to go to later today with some colleagues who may well become good friends, I didn't have to go to work today, and as of the end of next week I won't have to go to work for quite a while - at least, not on a tight schedule anymore. The end of intense levels of stress is in my sights, at least for another three months. Life isn't all that bad now, is it?

Today's new favorite song: "Question" by the Old 97s.

No comments: