Friday, June 29, 2007

My eyes got bigger than my head yesterday - that tends to happen at Farmer's Markets. I bought beans, snap peas, lettuce...

...and a flat of strawberries. An entire flat! That's 8 pints. What the heck am I going to do with 8 pints of strawberries?! So that meant today was spent making freezer jam.

I speak as if it took the entire day but it was really only the work of about 45 minutes and that included taking time out for a phone call. But it sounds better if you can visualize me wiping sweat from my brow as I slave over ruby juices bubbling in my cauldron. Then it's implied that I actually did something other than having my lard butt on the couch all day.

Granted, there's a lot to be said for having the aforementioned butt on the couch all day. ;) Mmm... summer...

Besides the farmer's market, yesterday M and I went to an Italian place that's been an institution around here since the 1950s for pizza and ravioli (yum!) and to a paper shop to feed her scrapbooking addiction. 50% off is a very good thing.

Tomorrow am meeting H and her daughter for lunch. Haven't seen them for a while, so that will be fun. Besides - we'll be eating Thai.

No comments: